Saturday 28 April is World Day for Safety and Health at Work and Workers’ Memorial Day.
It is a joint campaign focused on improving safety and health of young workers and further promote the prevention of occupational accidents worldwide.
The theme for this year’s World day for Safety and Health at Work is based on educating young workers due to young labourers having a high percentage of workplace risk of injuries because of their inexperience, awareness and maturity of work, health and safety responsibilities.
The main objective of the campaign is to give focus on international attention on the magnitude of issues surrounding labour safety and on how the creation and promotion of a safety and health culture can bring down the number of work-related injuries and deaths.
A safer and healthy work environment for your workers can be achieved by:
- Providing the right tools and the proper training to complete work safely.
- Educating the young workers of work, health and safety responsibilities.
- Empowering young labourers to have the confidence to speak about safety and health in the workplace.
How Can You Get Involved?
Safe Work Australia list the following ways your company can promote World Day for Safety and Health at Work and Workers’ Memorial Day;
- download the resources
- promote World Day in your workplace
- attend local workers’ memorial day events
- share the World Day GIFs
- arrange a safety expert to speak in your workplace
- use #worldWHSday2018 on social media
You can download Safe Work Australia’s free resources here.
Image credit: www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au